What exactly is a ‘sensitivity reader’ and what is the service that one can offer a story in progress? Darren and Simon clear some air around an occasionally fraught topic, pointing out that this is really just an extension of what editors do anyway.
In other news, the literary Brothers Groth discover yet again that they are the lesser Groth siblings with the discover of the Groth Brothers monster truck driving team. This, inevitably, kicks off a discussion about the perfect name for a literary monster truck.
Let’s call it an episode of contrasts.
- A great article by Meg Vann on the topic of sensitivity readers.
- Tyler Groth drives ‘Zombie’, a monster truck shaped like, well, a zombie.
- Travis Groth drives ‘Megalodon’, a monster truck shaped like a shark.
- A recent interview with Tyler and Travis.
- Also, Kate Grenville’s fabulous ‘The Writing Book.